> > When I display an .iphtml page in Netscape, everything seems to be fine.
> >
> > When I display it in IE (4.72), I get a plain text output of the source
> > code, including html tags.
> >
> > Why this discrepancy?
>
>IE quite brilliantly ignores the MIME type specified in the header
>in some cases... If you send IE a Content-Type: text/plain
>document that happens to begin with <HTML> then it will render it
>as HTML... This sounds like a related problem, but with the opposite
>effect:
>that is to say, it's now NOT rendering when it should be.

I've tried setting the default type to text/html in the httpd.conf file and
that didn't seem to do the trick.

I appreciate the input that I've received.

I've also noticed that both browsers display the code, although they format
the html properly, when I try to execute the script inside of a standard
.html document.  I know that's not the standard (embedded Perl should have
.iphtml extensions - at least that's the way it seems to be).  Yes, I have
made the appropriate changes in the httpd.conf file:

PerlModule Apache::ePerl
   <Files ~ "/root/of/webmaster/area/.+\.html$">
       Options     +ExecCGI
       SetHandler  perl-script
       PerlHandler Apache::ePerl
   </Files>