On Mon, 15 May 2000, raptor wrote:
> My question is instead of using two Apache servers OR Apache+proxy scenario
> (static vs dynamic pages) will it be possible to leave static pages to kHTTPD
> and run only one APACHE server.....

It will, but you're missing part of the benefit from the proxy
scenario.  As the guide explains, running a proxy in front of your dynamic
page server will help keep the number of processes down by dealing with
slow clients for you.

A super fast server for images and truly static pages is a good idea,
although a simple stripped-down apache will probably handle more static
page traffic than you can afford the bandwidth for anyway.

- Perrin