On Mon, 15 May 2000, Ken Williams wrote:
> I'd prefer to figure out why the test is failing, because most of the real
> testing is done using that test.  But it's difficult because I've never seen
> the test fail.

Looks like the problem lies in this line in t/real.t:

my $HTTPD = "/home/ken/http/httpd";

This results in the following message, even if I supply a path to my
httpd:

t/real..............Starting http server... /home/ken/http/httpd doesn't
exist or isn't executable.  Edit real.t if you want to test with a real
apache server.
Aborting real.t at real.t line 79.

Shouldn't the path I give to the Makefile.PL override this one?

By the way, this one does let me skip the test if I want to.  Maybe it was
Filter's test that didn't have an opt-out.

- Perrin