                From:   Ken Williams [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
                Sent:   Monday, May 15, 2000 4:29 PM
                To:     Perrin Harkins
                Cc:     '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'; Wang, Pin-Chieh
                Subject:        Re: make test of Apache::SSI

                [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Perrin Harkins) wrote:

                >On Mon, 15 May 2000, Wang, Pin-Chieh wrote:
                >> I am installing Apache::SSI under Mod_perl..
                >> When I ran make test I have permission denied when it
trying to start httpd
                >> , therefore the test failed.
                >
                >It doesn't work for me either.  I think Ken was going to
make this test
                >optional.  Anyway, if you're using CPAN to install (which I
assume you
                >are, because this wouldn't be a problem for you otherwise)
you can just do
                >a "force install".

                I'd prefer to figure out why the test is failing, because
most of the real
                testing is done using that test.  But it's difficult because
I've never seen
                the test fail.

                What permission is denied?  Permission to start httpd?
Perhaps you could
                capture the httpd.conf file that's generated and try
starting the server by
                hand using that file.  It shouldn't be too tough to figure
out why it's failing
                if you try that (though Apache's error messages often leave
a lot to the
                imagination).

                Let me know.

                  Ken Williams                             Last Bastion of
Euclidity
                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]                            The
Math Forum