Thanks Geoff,

You were right... I was using "DBI:mysql:DBNAME::localhost" as connect
string in startup file whereas "DBI:mysql:DBNAME" in my mod_perl
script.. I have changed that and it worked...

Now, another question.. As we agreed, we can have as many db handle
available as server processes are running..

Now, can we set number of  db connection per server process in script or
in startup script or any other way???

Because what I see is in this way... Let's say a child process can
handle 10 request and then dies.. now it has one db connection
available.. and it is processing one request which uses available db
handle.. now what happen if another request comes in and ask for same db
handle??? does that request has to wait for that or what??? If yes, then
is there any way we can set number of connection per process?? I mean
each child process can have 5 db connection open at the same time.. and
it can grow upto 10.. So, if all 5 db handle are in use, and if 6th
request comes in then process will open another connetion and it can do
like this upto max of 10 connection..

Is it possible??? has anybody done this kind of things before????

Thanks again for your help..

Niral