On Thu, 18 May 2000, Jeremy Howard wrote:

> Stas Bekman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Ok, We have a preview ready for you. Randy Kobes worked hard to prepare
> > this one. So your comments are very welcome. If you like it we'll put this
> > into production.
> >
> > Please keep either the list CC'ed or if you reply to me in person, make
> > sure you keep Randy CC'ed -- all the kudos should go his way :)
> >
> When I search for 'dbi' or 'DBI', it finds nothing, and the search box shows 'dby'!
>
> It looks like it's try to helpfully change my search pattern...

Hi,
   I turned stemming on by default - that's why the search
pattern gets changed. This obviously causes confusion - I'll
turn it off, and make it manually configurable. As well, the
indexing was configured for words greater than 3 characters;
I'll reduce it down to greater than 2 characters and see if
that helps.

best regards,
randy