On Wed, 24 May 2000, Kees Vonk 7249 24549 wrote:

> > try this in httpd.conf:
> >
> > <Perl>
> > delete $INC{'Apache/PerlVINC.pm'};
> > require Apache::PerlVINC;
> > </Perl>
>
> Apache start up now (why does mod_perl not do this, can you
> explain?), however I get the following error when trying to
> access a page that contains the reloaded module:
>
> ----------------
>
> [Wed May 24 09:00:15 2000] [warn] Apache::PerlVINC: reloading
> 'Ward/IDV/IDVDatabase.pm'
>
> [Wed May 24 09:00:15 2000] [error] Can't locate
> Ward/IDV/IDVDatabase.pm in @INC (@INC contains:) at
> /opt/perl5/lib/site_perl/PA-RISC1.1/Apache/PerlVINC.pm line
> 59.
>
> -----------------
>

> I played around a little bit and found that I have to put the
> PerlVersionINC directive before the PerlINC directive (which
> makes sense looking at the code) and then that works (you
> might want to change this in your example, (and in the guide,
> Stas)).

Kees, thanks for the update. Will add this.

P.S. I watch the list even if I'm silent, so I pick all your notes
regarding the guide, even if I don't respond... So keep on those comming,
your contributions is what really makes the guide invaluable!

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://perl.org     http://stason.org/TULARC
http://singlesheaven.com http://perlmonth.com http://sourcegarden.org