All,

I need to clear myself on a small issue regarding Apache::Session.

As per my understanding, Apache::Session will store session information
in a backing store-either a flat file or in some database. And
everytime, request comes in, it will check for sessionID in backing
store and retrieve all information for that session. If request is new
than it will create new sessionID and also create an entry in backing
store..

Now, only way to remove this information from backing store is to do
'tied(%session_hash)->delete', Am I right? I mean is there any way we
can remove these entries by setting 'time_out_interval' or something
like that??

Because if we do 'tied(%session_hash)->delete' then it will create new
session for every request... So, I was thinking of not doing
'tied->delete' but write a small cron script which runs at specified
interval and removes entry from backing store which are older than some
time...

Because concept of 'time_out_interval' does exist in Apache JServ and
other application servers..

Any ideas, suggestions or pointers on this???

Thanks again..

Niral