On Thu, 15 Jun 2000, Bill Hilf wrote:

> What we're about:
> -----------------
> We are a strictly *nix software development shop and encourage and promote
> the use and publication of Open Source software.  Our Engineering staff
> includes developers who contribute heavily to lists such as this, and have
> numerous contributions throughout the Open Source and web development
> communities.  Our work environment is casual and fun - our focus is on
> building great software, not if you're in the office at 8am.  All the
> other typical tech benefits apply: free sodas, concierge services, home
> high-speed access, etc.  We're located in Santa Monica, Calif., about five
> minutes from the beach.

You forgot the part about suing legitimate domain name holders, harrassing
artists with little or no income, and trying to extend USA jurisdiction to
the internet.

While I'm sure the engineering department had no part in such things, I
believe the readers of this list acare deeply about corporate culture and
freedom on the Internet.

Jeffrey Baker