Stas Bekman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > If you take a large script, throw it at Apache::Registry, then you'll
> > be compiling the script every time the a diaghter respawns.
> >
> > If you have your script largely preloaded when Apache starts spawning
> > daughters, then you don't have that overhead.
>
> That's wrong. The script won't be compiled until it will be used. When a
> process gets spawned, it doesn't know what scripts/handlers it's going to
> use if they are not preloaded. And if they are, they are shared.

I'm being unclear.

When I say "script", I mean a small piece of stub code that makes
calls into modules, that contain the bulk of the code.

These modules are then loaded in startup.pl, and are therefore
precompiled.

I'd made the jump beyond a single, monolithic ".pl".

Are we getting closer?

--
Dave Hodgkinson,                             http://www.hodgkinson.org
Editor-in-chief, The Highway Star           http://www.deep-purple.com