http://perl.apache.org/guide/install.html#Installing_mod_perl_in_10_Minute

> I've been reading the fine manuals and compiled httpd with mod_perl (by
> using the Makefile.PL from the mod_perl src tree.)

I have to say that RH6.2 and mod_perl "works for me" out of the box,
at least in development. I'll let you know what it's like in
production in a few weeks... ;-)

You have all this carp in your httpd.conf? What does "apachectl
configtest" tell you?

LoadModule perl_module        modules/libperl.so
AddModule mod_perl.c
PerlRequire startup.pl
<IfModule mod_perl.c>
  Alias /perl/ /home/httpd/perl/