The issue has less to do with the cost of the whole thing, then with
Strong hold having horrible support as well as a laundry list of other
problems.

Our as we convert our code base into completely mod_perl
modules, the stronghold 2.4.2 has to be replaced by either 3.x or
going to some other solutions based on apache/mod_perl/ssl
component. Stronghold on solaris won't run the perlhandler that we
want it to.
The question were facing is whether it is worth it to go after the 3.x
upgrade for strong hold or some other route.

I'm going to try the raven 30day trial and see if i can make that
work the way we want it to.

Scott