Carl,
Thanks a lot! I finally got everything setup and to work. Of course, I
didn't even attempt 'make test' again, but I know for sure that things are
working fine, at least the initial few things.
Thanks again!
-Pramod

At 03:02 PM 7/27/00 -0700, Carl Hansen wrote:
>On Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 02:05:22PM -0700, Carl Hansen wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 12:02:42PM -0700, Pramod Sokke wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I'm trying to install mod_perl 1.24 with Stronghold 3. I know stronghold
>> > comes with mod_perl 1.22, but I want to use 1.24....
>>
>> same here. I don't know why stronghold can't get up to date, or give better
>> instructions on doing the recompilation. But anyway, I was able to
compile it;
>> if anything, there are TOO MANY directions, all giving different advice.
>> Here is some more:
>>
>> what i did was install stronghold via their script into
/export/home/strongholdtest
>> then
>> cd /export/home
>> zcat mod_perl-1.24.tar.gz | tar xvf -
>> cd mod_perl-1.24
>> perl Makefile.PL APACHE_SRC=../strongholdtest/src/ DO_HTTPD=1
USE_APACI=0 EVERYTHING=1
>> make
>>
>> Note well USE_APACI=0 ie dont use it. Stronghold seems to be set up to
build using
>> the older system. You may have to go into ../strongholdtest/src/ and
make sure
>> Configuration is the way you want it.
>
>one thing I forgot to mention.
>in ../strongholdtest/src/Configuration
>edit these lines:
>
>before:
>EXTRA_CFLAGS=`/export/home/strongholdtest/perl/bin/perl
-I/export/home/strongholdtest/perl/lib
>-I/export/home/strongholdtest/perl/lib/site -MExtUtils::Embed -e ccopts`
>EXTRA_LIBS=`/export/home/strongholdtest/perl/bin/perl
-I/export/home/strongholdtest/perl/lib
>-I/export/home/strongholdtest/perl/lib/site -MExtUtils::Embed -e ldopts`
-Lmodules/extra -L../modules/extra -lm

>after:
>EXTRA_CFLAGS=` -MExtUtils::Embed -e ccopts`
>EXTRA_LIBS=` -MExtUtils::Embed -e ldopts` -Lmodules/extra
-L../modules/extra -lm