Alex Farber wrote:

> Hi Sam,
>
> Sam Carleton wrote:
> > I have a few syntax error which I
> > don't know how to resolve.  One issue is how to declare a local
> > variable, and the other is a problem with my open statement.
>
> maybe you should read some introductionary Perl
> books, like http://www.effectiveperl.com/toc.html or
> http://www.ebb.org/PickingUpPerl/pickingUpPerl.html
>
> A good place to ask is news:comp.lang.perl.misc (after you've
> read http://www.perl.com/pub/doc/manual/html/pod/perlfaq.html )

Maybe I have read things like "Programming Perl" from O'Reilly and
"Writting Apache Modules in Perl and C", am tired of reading page after
page and want to do some real coding.  Maybe I thought that folks in the
mod_perl mailing list would be understanding of someone who has spent
many years in another language and needs a little help overcoming some
syntax issues.

One thing is for sure, I did not expect to get a responce such as your,
one that says: "Go ____ yourself, if you don't know the language we sure
as ____ aren't going to help your ___!!!"

Live and learn, I guess...

Sam