> I am considering going to the ApacheCon Europe to see what's said and
> put a few faces to names and meet a few people.

So am I.  And I'd be shipping myself in from Montreal/Toronto for it.
I'm sure it will be worth the money, but I sympathise in terms of paying
out of pocket for it as well, as I'd be doing the same.

I'm not sure if it's "a fair reflection" of the price of having an attendee
there, but that's not what it's about:  It's about making money.  The
conference organizers have their dreams of financial security, too, and
are looking for an appropriate work/risk/reward pay-off as well.

I don't think you're being a scruge.  It's a lot of money to be looking
at -- I know. :-)

History will show whether I get up the guts to write the cheque myself.

Cheers,
Richard

 Richard Dice * Personal 514 816 9568 * Fax 514 816 9569
 ShadNet Creator * http://shadnet.shad.ca/ * [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Occasional Writer, HotWired * http://www.hotwired.com/webmonkey/
     "squeeze the world 'til it's small enough to join us heel to toe"
         - jesus jones