I want to write a new application using mod_perl but this time I want to
completely divide the code from the HTML. Therefore I am seeking for a
powerfull and fast templating system.

Newly I did something with Enhydra (Java Servlets) and they have a pretty
neat templating system: They use standard HTML and one uses the "id"
attribute in HTML tags to access them and manipulate values/contents. For
example:

                <th>Name</th>
                <th>Count</th>

The program now can repeat the tr "singlerow" for each table row and insert
it under the tr "resultheader". The values can be inserted into the tds
"row_name" and "row_count". The main advantage is: The designer can generate
HTML pages that can be viewed with a standard browser.

Does anybody know something similar for Perl?

...darko