No. The problem is that you cannot cache the subsequent page that is
generated because of the dynamic component. The template is always going
to remain the same (interface changes should be rare for a stable web
site), but the content (say news headlines or personalized component) is
going to be dynamic. It is not reasonable to expect to cache that entire
page. So what I am saying is that using HTML for such purposes is
fundamentally broken unless we can figure out to tag a region of an html
file as non-cachable i.e. dynamic.

And as I replied to another reply about this, embedding code in a HTML
file strikes me as an inelegant solution plus it leads to all sorts of
problems such as html "designers" that delete tags for whatever reason. I
know that the correct solution is to lart them but we can't always do that
no matter how much we would like to :).

--Jauder