> And the REALLY, REALLY smart ones (i.e. TT2) can write the Perl code to
> disk for persistance of compiled templates.  That way, the templates
> never need to be re-compiled (i.e. from TT syntax to Perl code) unless
> you change them.  They can simply be loaded via Perl's require().

But you have to recompile the Perl code, which normaly takes more time, then
compiling the template to the Perl code. I don't think that this will gain
very much speed. (Maybe in case of TT this is more important, because it has
to first translate his own language to Perl code, while other only need to
extract the Perl code)

Gerald

E-Mail:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]         Voice:    +49 6133 925151