Jauder Ho wrote:

> the time/chance to implement such a system, it certainly looks like an
> interesting method of doing things. XML+XSLT is an interesting combination
> but integrating that into a dynamic generator (perl based or other) is
> going to be nontrivial to say the very least. Is there anyone interested
> in exploring this?
>
> I could go off about why HTML sucks for dynamic page caching. If there was
> somehow a way to cache say the template, leaving only the same dynamic
> portion uncached, it would certainly help things along quite a bit. If
> anyone knows of a good way of doing this I would certainly be interested
> in hearing it.

Apache::ASP lets you generate dynamic XML & XSL for cached
XSLT rendering with XML::XSLT.  It also allows for custom
taglibs specified with XMLSubsMatch.  Check out:

  http://www.nodeworks.com/asp/xml.html

Let me tell you, integration of XML::XSLT was non trivial,
especially the XML::DOM caching and output caching of
XML::XSLT, for XSLTCacheSize.

Apache::ASP effectively compiles the static HTML into
print() statements, and each page is compiled into a sub
which can be extremely fast with diligent use of
Apache::ASP->Loader() for server startup precompilation,
so that all the pages run at sub {} execute speed.
These are common tricks shared by the sophisticated
templatting environments.

-- Joshua
NodeWorks >> free web link monitoring   Huntington Beach, CA  USA