On Fri, 28 Jul 2000, Paul J. Lucas wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Jul 2000, Denton River wrote:
>
> > Its been a long time since i have done a jobb without using sessions. I would
> > really like to have this feature included in the kit im using and i think
> > alot of developers are with me on this one.
>
>       What I don't understand is *why*.  Why can't you use to
>       independent pieces of software: one for templates and the other
>       for sessions that work perfectly well together (or seperately)?
>
>       I personally prefer smaller, more easily udnerstandable pieces
>       to large, complex, feature-bloated software.

Agreed. It seems to me that someone should write a simple package for
tieing in Apache::Session (or similar) in a transparent manner, perhaps
using an early handler stage of the request and leaving the session info
in $r->pnotes() ?? (via an object/typglob/whatever??)  That said, it's
late and I'm really not in the appropriate state for making _solid_
contributions ;-)

>       - Paul

[EMAIL PROTECTED]   | Don't go around saying the world owes you a living;
http://BareMetal.com/  | the world owes you nothing; it was here first.
web hosting since '95  | - Mark Twain