Hi Denton --

Many Masonites have successfully used sessions with Mason. It takes about
five lines of code in the handler.pl to integrate with Apache::Session,
which will give you all the fancy session handling you need.  Take a look at:

    http://www.masonhq.com/docs/manual/Admin.html#persistent_user_sessions

and the eg/session_handler.pl included in the distribution. This will create
for you a global %session variable that persists across HTTP requests,
maintained by cookie. You should also search the Mason mailing list archives
for "session" as quite a few people have written about it.

On the other hand, if you're stuck on URL rewriting, you'll need to either
implement it yourself, switch to Apache::ASP, or wait for this feature in
Mason or Embperl.

Cheers
Jon