Philip Mak wrote:

> I just tried doing the global.asa thing, but I realized another problem.
> Recently, I installed a new version of perl on my system (upgraded 5.00503
> to 5.6). Something went wrong though; Apache::ASP is still using the old
> version of perl. If I run /usr/bin/perl, /usr/local/bin/perl, or a CGI
> script, the $] (version) variable evaluates to 5.6. But inside ASP
> scripts, the version is 5.00503 (use warnings doesn't work in 5.00503).

This is because Apache::ASP uses that same perl that mod_perl does.
Just recompile your mod_perl with your new perl, and the problem
will go away!

> Would you happen to know how to find out the pathname of the perl
> executable that Apache::ASP is using? I found a file called
> /usr/bin/perl5.00503, but relinking that to perl 5.6 had no effect.

I would imagine that looking at @INC would give you a hit
as to which perl you are using since the perl lib directories
tend to have build numbers & locations that are related.

> Also, does ASP have a directive for turning on -w?

No.

Enjoy the upgrade!

-- Joshua
NodeWorks >> free web link monitoring   Huntington Beach, CA  USA