i may be coming in late here, so forgive me if this has been mentioned:

use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser);

not sure if everything you want will be sent to the browser, but it is better
than a standard 500 error, and you can read the errors from the log easier.
--
___cliff [EMAIL PROTECTED]http://www.genwax.com/
George Sanderson wrote:

>  <<<STDERR>>> Opps got an error here or something. <<<\STDERR>>>
> I'm sure you would also want a submit (DEBUG) button which could generate
> the above, on-demand for form pages and such. (Kind of a DEBUG on demand
> option.)
>
> Is this what is being discussed here?
> (This is probably, not a mod_perl topic, but then again, it could be:-).
>
> At 12:04 PM 8/21/00 -0700, you wrote:
> >The stuff that the server sends back comes from STDOUT if CGIs or within
> >mod-perl, either $req->print or a regular print since it is tied.  The
> >error messages go to STDERR which apache redirects internalls so that the
> >messages go to the error log.  I don't know that it's possible and I'm
> >certain it's not a good idea to try and circumvent that and send STDERR to
> >the browser.  And besides that, you'd still have to send content-type
> >headers. ==

--snip--