On Aug 26, [EMAIL PROTECTED] contorted a few electrons to say...
Philip> > Philip Mak wrote:
Philip> > >
Philip> > > Recently, I reinstalled mod_perl and Apache::ASP on my system in order to
Philip> > > fix a problem I was having with ASP not using the new version of perl on
Philip> > > my system. However, I'm having problem with some old code.
Philip> > >
Philip> > > I used to do this:
Philip> > >
Philip> > > In httpd.conf: PerlSetVar IncludesDir /home/goamembers/www
Philip> > > In an ASP script: <!--#include file="/index.inc"-->
Philip> > >
Philip> > > Notice the "/" in "/index.inc". This would force it to get index.inc from
Philip> > > /home/goamembers/www, instead of the current directory. This makes it kind
Philip> > > of like <!--#include virtual--> does with respect to filenames that start
Philip> > > with "/" (but include virtual cannot be used to inline asp code).
Philip> > >
Philip> >
Philip> > That functionality was never intended to be supported, and
Philip> > am surprised it ever worked!  How painful would it be for
Philip> > you to change your includes to be like <!--#include file="index.inc"-->

while we are on this topic, is there any chance Apache::ASP could look
at IncludesDir when executing global.asa? it doesn't seem to AFAICT.

jr

Joel W. Reed                                                412-257-3881
------------Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things.------------

PGP signature