"Victor Michael D. Blancas" wrote:

> > This is the output of my httpd -l command .. how can I tell if Apache::ASP
> > is available?
>
> you can't from http -l. Apache::ASP is not an apache module but a perl
> module.  try 'perldoc Apache::ASP' if you see the documentation then
> Apache::ASP was properly installed.
>
> another thing, you will not be able to run microsoft asp implementation on
> Apache::ASP.  as of the moment it just gives an easy way of embedding perl
> code directly into html so that you can still use your favorite html
> editor without it mangling your perl code.
>
> if your purpose in installing Apache::ASP is to run real microsoft asp
> pages, then your going the wrong direction.  only NT/2000 with IIS will be
> able to serve asp pages.

ASP - Active Server Pages, is a Microsoft API for web scripting,
application development.  VBScript is the primary language
for that platform, however there is a PerlScript plugin
available which Apache::ASP is fairly compatible with.

If an application is writtin for IIS/PerlScript, however unlikely,
then the port will be much easier to Apache::ASP.

--Joshua