Doug MacEachern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On 4 Sep 2000, Alan E. Derhaag wrote:
>
> > I upgraded to openssl-0.9.5a and recompiled apache w/mod_ssl and
> > mod_perl defining the SSL_BASE to the apache src and now the thing
> > won't start and complains about:
> >
> >  Can't locate object method "No" via package "such" at /dev/null line 1.
>
> looks to me like /dev/null is broken.  if you run:
> % cat /dev/null

Good try, but /dev/null is not broken on my machine.

I finally gave up and eliminated the DSO version by compiling two
versions of httpd.  Both include mod_ssl but the Engine is only turned
on with the light server.

I did find a slight problem when running `configtest' but I doubt that
that could have been the problem.