Thanks Doug but I (and my customer) don't want to live on the CVS bleeding
edge right now. Can you suggest something else?

Original problem:

I need to set the realm for virtual documents based on path_info and use
Basic authentication. Otherwise I may have to move to some cooie based
authentication but I don't want to do that.

-Todd