> > Why does this script give no output under mod_perl, but works fine from the
>command line:
> >
> > #!/usr/bin/perl -w
> >
> > use CGI;
> >
> > print CGI->header();
> >
> > open (AAA, ">-");
>
> because the C level stdout is not hooked up to the client.  you can do
> this as an alternative:
>
> if ($ENV{MOD_PERL}) {
>     tie *AAA, 'Apache';
> }
> else {
>     open (AAA, ">-");
> }

Doug,

Thanks, this works. However, it also gives me the following error:

Can't locate object method "FETCH" via package "Apache" at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-linux/Apache/PerlRun.pm line 310.

Besides, what is the incantation to be able to open pipes to programs and capture
their output:

open (AAA, "|some_program");

Simon
--
 _________
|       x |   Simon (Vsevolod ILyushchenko)     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
| y = e   |
|_________|   http://www.simonf.com            [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                                Disclaimer: This is not me.
                        This is just my mailer talking to your mailer...