Jerrad Pierce wrote:

> No... that opens a handle to ehir INPUT
>
> output is
> open(OUT, "magic_open |");

I am not sure why, but the command line Perl script with

        open (AAA, "|some_program");

accepts input via "print AAA" AND prints the output of the program on stdout.

> Or you could just slurp in a string with
>
> $_ = `normal_open`;

Yes, I know. I just want to see how far I can go with the "open". Besides, according
to the author of the script (it's for the analog web log analyzer), using open is more
secure.

Simon
--
 _________
|       x |   Simon (Vsevolod ILyushchenko)     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
| y = e   |
|_________|   http://www.simonf.com            [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                                Disclaimer: This is not me.
                        This is just my mailer talking to your mailer...