hi,

        I'm trying to build a 2 tiered Apache setup, with one light httpd, one
mod_perl httpd and a mod_php4 httpd, all running on different ports on
the same machine/IP. Right now I'm solving the mod_rewrite mod_proxy
stuff (I want the light httpd to transparently proxy requests to the 2nd
tier httpd daemons).

        What I see in the not-so distant future is a hell of a configuration
nightmare. From the start, this box should be hosting about 30 vhosts,
and I don't really want to keep them in synch across 3 different files.
So I thought of using a single monolithic  vhosts.conf with lots of
IfModule sections.

        Is anyone using this directive?
        Am I getting in a mess?

martin