martin langhoff wrote:

> You mean you post-process your httpd.conf ? Phew!
>
> mmmh. I'm flabbergasted (sp?) and certainly mesmerized, can you tell us
> a bit more?

It's pretty simple.  We have a file with the varying bits of info in it
(MaxClients, MaxRequestsPerChild, etc.) and a small program that accepts
a name to use as a key into this file.  It takes the hash of data from
the file and runs it through the httpd.conf template using TT, which
allows us to do loops, conditionals, or even in-line perl if we wanted
to.

This all happens as an installation step, so it's an extra step compared
to IfModule tricks that happen on the fly.  It does have an advantage in
that you can use it to handle configuration variations for QA and
development systems.

- Perrin