Hello,

I am trying to install Apache 1.3.12 with mod_perl 1.24 on Solaris 2.8.
In my most recent attempt, relying on several suggestions from the
archive I have:

(Using gcc 2.92.2 for all compiling.)

Recompiled Perl 5.6.0

sh Configure -Dcc=gcc -Uuselargefiles

Recompiled Apache 1.3.12

 ./configure \
--prefix=/usr/local/apache \
--enable-module=most \
--enable-shared=max

Attempted to recompile mod_perl:

perl Makefile.PL \
USE_APXS=1 \
WITH_APXS=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs \
EVERYTHING=1
Will configure via APXS (apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs)
************* ERROR *************

  Your current configuration will most likely trigger core dumps,
suggestions:
   *) Do not configure mod_perl as a DSO
   *) Rebuild Perl without malloc pollution (Configure -Ubincompat5005)

Do I really need to recompile Perl yet again? Or can I have mod_perl
build the httpd (assuming someone can point out how to make it configure
Apache for DSO support for other modules)?

I may be impressed once I get mod_perl working but so far it is a long
way from the ease of installing the Apache webserver.

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau
Director of Research and Development