Hi there,
     I am working on a web-oriented game that runs on Apache/modperl and
MySQL. I have one perl process that runs forever and is outside of Apache
that does a lot of tallying up and cleaning. I want the process to be
started by Apache on server startup and give the process access to Apache
much like a normal modperl script. Is this possible?
     Atli.
p.s. I was able to achieve something similar by placing the script in my
modules directory and simply calling it from a browser. The script never
returns so the browser hangs but at least the script runs. This is however
rather messy and obviously not a method I want to use.