On Thu, 12 Oct 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Thanks for your reply,
>      I read through the documentation and IPC-Shareable is exactly what I
> need. I am having some problems getting it working. (Maybe that's why you
> wished me Good luck). Seems to have to do with the size option. I can tie
> simple variables but I get "Munged shared memory segment (size exceeded?)"
> when I try to tie a package. Is that not possible or can I fiddle with the
> size option? The default however would seem to be adequate (65536).

I got the same error constantly when attempting to retrieve a key's value
(or testing with exists()) after it had been delete()ed. After various
different attempts at getting it working over 3-4 days I eventually gave
up. I hadn't exceeded any size constraint.

See if IPC::ShareLite does what you need, for the record I ended up using
IPC::SharedCache, which does almost all of what I wanted.

--
steven