Annette wrote:

> I am new to Apache and Mod_Perl and I have a question. I am running
> Red Hat 6.0 on an Intel machine.I loaded the Server setup.Apache 1.3.6
> is loaded and runs fine. I was able to load and run Mod_Perl RMS
> package from Red Hat as DSO. I want to upgrade to Apache 1.3.14 and
> latest version of Mod_Perl.Here are the steps I took to load Apache
> 1.3.14. /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd stopI downloaded Apache_1.3.14.tar.gz
> to the /usr/src directorytar zvxf apache_1.3.14.tar.gz./configure
> --prefix=/usr/local/apachemakemake
> install/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start I verified that Apache
> 1.3.14 is now running. How do I install the latest version of
> Mod_Perl? Every time I try to install it I receive a message stating I
> need Apache 1.3.0 and then it aborts.I tried Mod_Perl version 1.19,
> 1.21, and 1.24 and I receive the same error. Any input would be
> appreciated and I hope this is the right address to send my question.
> Ann.

Hi
    When the use configure, try "configure --help" to see options for
apache building, and you will see that you should add
"--enable-module=so" to build apache with a share core and
"--enable-module=perl"  for perl.

Hope it's help

--
Don't be irreplaceable, if you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted.