At 23:59 16/10/2000 -0700, Annette wrote:

> How do I install the latest version of Mod_Perl? Every time I try to install
> it I receive a message stating I need Apache 1.3.0 and then it aborts.
> I tried Mod_Perl version 1.19, 1.21, and 1.24 and I receive the same error.

You need 1.24_01 to work with Apache 1.3.14 because of a tiny bug that prevents
mod_perl's setup from parsing Apache's version number properly. You can grab it
from http://perl.apache.org/dist/mod_perl-1.24_01.tar.gz. Alternatively,
you can
play with Makefile.PL to get it to return the version number you know is true,
but it's probably faster this way.

-- robin b.
After all, what is your hosts' purpose in having a party?  Surely not for
you to enjoy yourself; if that were their sole purpose, they'd have simply
sent champagne and women over to your place by taxi.