Matt Sergeant wrote:

> You should still switch to Time::Object. Loading POSIX.pm still loads in
> the .so which contains loads of cruft for things you don't
> want/need. Whereas loading Time::Object is a lot smaller. Of course I'm
> not sure how you'd fix the isdst thing with Time::Object, since it does
> strftime internally...

Perhaps you could add something like ht_time() has - it takes a third
argument indicating whether the time passed is UTC. If it is, it uses
gmtime internally, otherwise it uses localtime. And it looks like
ht_time()'s implementation of gmtime() properly returns the time zone
and doesn't add in DST stuff. Is that doable in Time::Object, or are you
using Perl's gmtime() there?

http://src.openresources.com/debian/src/web/HTML/S/ncsa_1.4.2.orig%20ncsa-1.4.2.orig%20src%20util.c.html#117

David

--
David E. Wheeler                                   Phone: (415) 645-9365
Software Engineer                                  Fax:   (415) 645-9204