well, that's not really true - your 'can't find PerlHandler' error is a
pretty sure indication that mod_perl is not installed...

> However, when
> I try to get
> Apache to execute the script is when it all falls apart.  I
> have tried to
> find the module that you mentioned and I'm not able to locate
> it.

mod_so is part of the core apache distribution - it is one of two modules
you must compile in statically if you want other modules to be dynamically
loaded (read more about the apache DSO - dynamic sharing option in the
apache docs)

basically it boils down to this: either compile mod_perl into your apache
binary statically (which yours isn't since you get the PerlHandler error) or
enable Apache's DSO (via a complied in mod_so, which you don't have since
you get the LoadModule error) and enable mod_perl as a DSO using LoadModule.

there are instructions for both of these in perl.apache.org/guide - my
suggestion would be to compile a static mod_perl and deal with DSO later.
But the choice is yours...

HTH

--Geoff