Hello everyone, does anyone know how to retrieve the Object Identifier
(OID) from a record that was just inserted into a postgres database from
within perl?

These are the commands I'm using to insert the record:

$sth = $dbh->prepare("Insert into inventory Values ($id)");
$rc = $sth->execute;

$rc will tell me whether or not the insert was successful or not, but
that's it.

If I insert records from the psql utility, the OID is returned on the
screen after the insert, so I know it's there.  I just need to know how
to get it from within modperl.  I want to get this number so I can
insert a bunch of records in another file using the OID as the key.

Thanks in advance!!!!!