Be warned that the OID field for a PostgreSQL record may not always be a unique value.
 Visit the PostgreSQL Hackers list for more information.

Consider creating your own unique value using a combination of time/IP/random number,
or using a sequence. Although the condition rarely arises, it has bitten a few people.
Don't make the same mistake I did.

Have Fun!

--
BLH