You can still get alot out of a proxy if you have a win32 box doing
heavyweight mod_perl stuff.  The only thing is that you need to have it
on a different machine because mod_proxy doesn't hack it on a win32
machine.  I'm sure that you could do it with something other that
apache+mod_proxy if you wanted to keep it all on one machine.

Actually, I might have been having problems with mod_proxy because of
problems in the tcp stack in SP4 that are now fixed in SP6.  So you
might want to play around a little bit and see if it works.

Question for the list -- are we still limited to a single interpretter
thread with mod_perl on win32?

Ian