hi mark

VirtualHost sections do support the ErrorLog and CustomLog sections
i have these in my vhosts sections
CustomLog /var/log/apache/vhost-httpd-access.log vcombined
ErrorLog /var/log/apache/vhost-httpd-error.log

havent tried the %0 option with this yet that would eat up to many file
descriptors i have a vcombined LogFormat that adds the vhost to the front
of the line