Yes, I've contemplated either:

1) implementing the DAV protocols entirely in Perl for mod_perl
2) gluing in XS into mod_dav -- IIRC mod_dav has hooks for non-filesystem
respositories; it'd be great just to expose that API to mod_perl (haven't
cracked open that code yet though)

Issues: what will be required to implement DeltaV (I need concurrent
checkouts and versioning) as well?  What's up with the expat-lite
in Apache conflicting with XML::Parser's expat?

Given a clear picture of these options and issues, I'd be more than
pleased to bang out a good Apache::WebDAV code base implementation.
-Ian

Today, Joao Pedro Goncalves <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> frothed and gesticulated about...:

> Hi, is there any current project going on for using the WebDAV protocol
> in
> mod_perl, something like Apache::WebDAV?
>
> I am familiar with the mod_dav efforts however they seem to be oriented
> filesystem repositories and i would like to use WebDAV in a more dynamic
> environment such as repositories being in a database, or for supporting
> new stuff like Outlook HTTPmail, that uses WebDAV to connect to Hotmail.
>
> If not, is there any people out there interested in starting one?
>
> Core features of the WebDAV protocol already have several CPAN modules
> that would help
> its development, such as locking and XML processing.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Joao Pedro
>
> --
> João Pedro Gonçalves
> www.sapo.pt

Salon Internet                          http://www.salon.com/
  Manager, Software and Systems "Livin' La Vida Unix!"
Ian Kallen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> / AIM: iankallen / Fax: (415) 354-3326