Agreed, one and all. I only meant to stress being polite when you ask
people not to post off-topic without notice -- unless they *KEEP* doing
it.... There are some who require rudeness, sadly enough.

I just meant that if you're going to bother to respond, let the person
know what they did wrong, try to point them in the right direction
(with a sentence or two, not a soliloquay, =o) and ask them to put [OT]
in if the next time they consider it important enough.

If 50 polite "look here for answers to that, please" messages in
response to a post don't make the point, then they *deserve* a little
rudeness.

A little.  *after* having been given a clue. Remember, generic
questions will politely punish the ask-er simply by the volume of
polite response. =o)

I didn't mean to sound like I was ranting! lol!