On Fri, 8 Dec 2000, Mark Doyle wrote:

> I suppose the first place to look is to use the Solaris
> commands ipcs and ipcrm... Also, I believe you have to
> update the kernerl parameters for shared memory. The default
> is pretty skimpy. Look at adding things like:
>
> to /etc/system.

Yes, I have made some changes there. I have:

set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax = 8388608
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni = 10240
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg = 512

The man page for shmget says that for ENOSPC a shared memory identifier is
to be created but the system imposed limit on the maximum number of
allowed identifiers would be exceeded. I have set shmmni to 102400 and had
the same error. Can I actually see how many identifiers I have at one
time, and which processes are creating them?

Thanks,

--
steven