"Mark T. Dame" wrote:
>         $Response->Redirect("/index.html");
>
> However, if we change the .htaccess file to set up ASP to handle SSI:

> (with second .htaccess file)
> % telnet test.site.com 80
> Trying x.x.x.x...
> Connected to test.site.com.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> get /test.asp HTTP/1.0
>
> Connection closed by foreign host.

Mark,

Your exact config worked for me, I have the latest installed
of everything ( 2.07 is latest ASP ) and I got:

]# lwp-request -edS http://localhost:82/redirect.asp
GET http://localhost:82/redirect.asp --> 302 Found
GET http://localhost:82/ --> 404 Not Found
Connection: close
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 07:58:51 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.14
Client-Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 07:58:51 GMT
Client-Peer: 127.0.0.1:82
Title: 404 Not Found

I would check the error_log, and double check that you have
EVERYTHING built for mod_perl failing there being anything
in the error_log.  This might be cause for stacked handlers
support not being compiled in (???) For there to be just a
connection close seems rather odd in any case, and I would
appreciate hearing what the resolution here is.

-- Josh

NodeWorks >> free web link monitoring   Huntington Beach, CA  USA