I have written a awsome mod_perl module for Apache and
now my companie wants to transform it to Java (ik).
Nothing personal against java but 95% of the program is
regular expressions. Perl is king in this area. In
java they are using Oroinc 3rd party classes for the
regexs. With some prliminary bench mark test of non
mod_perl perl and Java, perl won being 12-20 times
faster. But now they want to do super tuning and also
compare Resource consumption between JRun/Java Servlets
and Apache/mod_perl. My main concern is the fact that
apache/mod_perl child proccess can be as big as 12 MB.
Specifically my question is....

1. Is there a way to make mod_perl multi-threaded?

2. Is there a way to lower this memory consumtion?

3. Is there a way to precomplie perl to machine code to
better perfomance? They are planning to do the same for
Java and may gain performance.

Help me beat Java, please.
UOLMAIL - Todo Argentino tiene derecho a tener su e-mail.
http://www.uolmail.com.ar