Perrin Harkins wrote:

> This sounds great, but the code snippet you included makes it look like
> the rand() value will have an effect on the number of bytes returned.
> This is probably not a good idea, since that would allow many other
> factors to affect the results.  I suggest making sure that the benchmark
> returns identical results on every platform and every execution.

You are right, further complicated that every language handles
rand() a bit differently... what I have now is a 3 digit float
between 0.000 and 1.000, and if this is to be an int to avoid float
calculations, then perhaps 0 - 1000

<%
my $rand = int(rand() * 1000) / 1000;
for my $i (1..5) {
 for my $j (1..2) {
  my $var = $i+$j+$rand;

> That also sounds cool.  If possible, please try to write in such a way
> that people running on other databases can easily customize it to test
> their environment.

Will do my best.

> I volunteer to review code and offer tuning tips for the platforms I'm
> familiar with.

Thanks.

Josh

NodeWorks >> free web link monitoring   Huntington Beach, CA  USA