At 03:53 PM 12/17/00 -0800, Joshua Chamas wrote:
>Hey,
>

>   2+ levels of code layering
>   1 rand() value per request
>   6 for loops executed
>   20 additions (float & integer)
>   10 lval assignments
>   200 variables inline
>   202+ chuncks of static html rendered
>   Over 2900 byte template to parse
>   Over 29K html output

And a partridge in a pear tree.... :) Sorry... it's just stupid xmas carols.

Anyway, if you are splitting out the DB side for later then why not do the
same for language features and template features? Here they are both rolled
into one test it seems.

I don't think all applications or handlers actually use templates at all.
Although I guess it's fair to say that languages like PHP are forced to use
templates.

Also I suspect the template features (which seem like a lot of overhead)
will override any difference in the adds and randomizing speed.