Jason Leidigh wrote:

> I have a mod_perl module which I would like to protect.  The code
> is very "private" and I would like to have it exist only as perl byte
> code... which can be used each time the server may be restarted... is
> this possible?  How?

Just out of my head:

Make a directory like /lib/perl/private and chmod 700 it.
Put your module MyModule.pm there and chmod 600 it.
In your startup.pl (called from httpd.conf) put

use lib qw ( /lib/perl/private );
use MyModule;

I think this would work, because httpd is started from root, so it can
read the module.

For all other users than root the directory and module is invisible.

I have not tested it - maybe I'm wrong...

Ernest

--
Yours sincerely
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Ernest Lergon

                VIRTUALITAS
Artists online, Fine Arts online, Poets online
        http://www.virtualitas.com/